SLDC is directed by its own Board of Directors, and its employees serve as staff support for the City's economic development authorities:
- Clean Energy Development Board (CEDB)
- Enhanced Enterprise Zone Commission (EEZC)
- Industrial Development Authority (IDA)
- Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority (LCRA)
- Land Reutilization Authority (LRA)
- The St. Louis Local Development Company (LDC)
- Operation Impact
- Planned Industrial Expansion Authority (PIEA)
- Port Authority of the City of St. Louis (Port)
- Tax Increment Financing Commission (TIF)
To stimulate the market for private investment in City real estate and business development and improve the quality of life for everyone who lives in, works in, and visits the City of St. Louis.
- Expansion and retention – SLDC and its authorities and agencies proactively engage in a wide variety of activities to address the City's business attraction, retention and expansion goals.
- Financial incentives – SLDC provides several forms of real estate development assistance to businesses, and housing and mixed-use developments. These include tax abatement, tax exempt bond financing, and tax increment financing.
- Business incubators – SLDC has developed and owns two business incubators in the City, and provides support to a third. These facilities provide emerging businesses with critical support.
- Minority business development – SLDC strives to increase the number of minority and women owned businesses in the City and helps existing businesses achieve success through leadership, mentoring, and training partnering programs.
- Agency-owned vacant and abandoned buildings – SLDC manages, maintains, markets and sells property acquired in the name of Land Reutilization Authority (LRA), the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority (LCRA) and the Planned Industrial Expansion Authority (PIEA).
- Site assembly and preparation – SLDC provides access to site assembly and site preparation programs and services that encourage the redevelopment of abandoned, underutilized, and environmentally compromised City properties.
1520 Market Street
Saint Louis, MO 63103